At field doctor we are passionate that eating good, real food can make you feel better. There is a ton of science to back this up and we have used this to guide our meal development so you can simply relax, heat and eat.
In addition to eating our meals I also encourage you to consider some other nutrition and lifestyle nudges you can make this year to feel better and live more. Here is some suggested reading and a few resource sheets to help you.
The building blocks of healthy eating
Healthy eating is about having a balance of different foods and nutrients in the diet for good health and wellbeing
Get conscious of portion sizes
The key to eating a balanced diet is to eat a wide variety of foods in appropriate amounts. The fact sheet provides guidance on portion sizes for common foods.
Please get in touch if we can help with anything – just drop us an email to email@example.com
Greek Yoghurt and Blueberries
Calories 208 Fat 16g Carbs 7.1g Protein 8.4g
125g pot of Greek yoghurt
- Sprinkle berries and almonds on yoghurt.
- For variety swap almonds for pumpkin seeds or hemp seeds. Can replace bluebetteries with straberries or raspberries.
Scrambled Eggs on Rye Toast
Calories 279 Fat 15g Carbs 18g Protein 18g
2 scrambled eggs
1 slice of rye toast
½ tsp butter
- Scramble eggs with ½ tsp butter and serve on toasted rye bread
Smashed Avocado on Crisp Bread
Calories 204 Fat 14g Carb 12.8g Protein 3.2g
2 ryvita crisp breads
- Mash ¼ avocado on each ryvita crisp bread.
- Add some chilli flakes or a little salt to taste.
- For variety, swap a ryvita for 2 tinned sardines or tinned chickpeas
Wholemeal Salmon Bagel
Calories 282 Fat 6.5g Carbs 33g Protein 20g
50g smoked salmon
65g wholemeal bagel (toasted)
- For variety tried smoked trout instead or swap the bagel for some scrambled eggs.
Beans + Feta Breakfast Burrito
Calories 374 Fat 14g Carbs 40g Protein 15g
1 small wholemeal tortilla
3 tbsp mixed beans (precooked from a can)
300g green salad
180g tomatoes and onions
- Lightly fry the onion and tomatoes
- Add the mixed beans, mix and take the pan off the heat
- If you prefer your tortilla warm, you can pop this under the grill or place it on a low heat pan
- Place the beans, onions and tomatoes on your tortilla
- Then add two large handfuls of salad
- Crumble the feta on top and fold the tortilla to turn it into your breakfast burrito
Calories 309 Fat 11g Carbs 28g Protein 21g
2 med eggs
1 heaped tbsp wholemeal flour
- Grate courgette and cauliflower, add two eggs and mix thoroughly, add 1 heaped tbspn wholemeal flour
- Lightly fry onions and add to mixture
- Use a tablespoon to measure out one fritter and place back in to the pan.
- Fry the fritters for 2-3 mins on each side until golden brown.
Tuna on Wholemeal Toast
Calories 135 Fat 1.4g Carbs 14g Protein 15g
50g tinned tuna (tinned in brine and drained)
6 cherry tomatoes (chopped)
1 slice of wholemeal toast
- Mix the tuna and chopped tomatoes and scoop onto toast.
- For variety, add chilli flakes to taste
Apple and Almonds
Calories 101 Fat 3.9g Carbs 14g Protein 2.2g
1 small apple
Cucumber Sticks with Hummus
Calories 118 Fat 8.9g Carbs 4.8g Protein 3.5g
¼ or 150g cucumber cut into sticks
- For variety swap cucumber for a carrot or celery stick.
Calories 48 Fat 2.4g Carbs 5.4g Protein 0.9g
10g salted popcorn
Nairns Ginger Biscuits
Calories 87 Fat 2.9g Carbs 13g Protein 1.5g
2 x Nairns ginger biscuits
Cottage Cheese on Rice Cake
Calories 137 Fat 6.3g Carbs 10g Protein 9.9g
100g cottage cheese
1 x kallo rice cake
- For variety, add 2 sliced cherry tomatoes on top
Clementine & Walnuts
Calories `190 Fat 17g Carbs 4.5g Protein 4.5g
Hardboiled Egg on Rye
Calories 162 Fat 5.5g Carbs 17g Protein 11g
1 x sliced hardboiled egg
1 slice of rye bread
- For a quick snack, hardboil some eggs and you can eat an egg without rye bread
Celery & Peanut Butter
Calories 118 Fat 9.4g Carbs 2.9g Protein 4.8g
1/2 celery stick
1tbsp smooth peanut butter
70% Dark Chocolate
Calories 79 Fat 5.9g Carbs 4.5g Protein 1.3g
2 x pieces 70% dark chocolate