Welcome to Week 2 of your low FODMAP journey
As you step into Week 2, our Dietitian Laura is here to check in and offer some tips for the road ahead
Welcome to week two of your FODMAP journey, and congratulations on getting through your first week of FODMAP elimination!
The first couple of weeks can be the hardest as you adjust to a new way of eating, but we hope that your experience has been positive so far.
This week you'll be continuing with FODMAP elimination. If you found it useful, we'd recommend continuing with a meal plan. And if you have Field Doctor meals as part of your programme, continue to include those too.
There are also lessons for you to read around other dietary triggers, the importance of fibre, and eating a varied low FODMAP diet.
As you reach the end of this week, we’ll remind you to fill in the symptom assessment again. This will help you better understand how your symptoms have responded to a low FODMAP diet so far.
How Are You Feeling?
The start of each week is a good time to take a few minutes to reflect on any changes you have noticed in your symptoms or well-being so far. You can note these down in the journal area of your programme page.
Top tips for week 2:
- Keep Using the Meal Planner: It helps with sticking to the diet and means you're less likely to stray off track when you're hungry.
- Make some Snacks: Prepping snacks to have ready-to-eat can help keep your diet varied and interesting – and stops you feeling like you’re missing out. Need some inspiration? Try these tahini chocolate cookies, or these peanut butter energy bars.
- Be stool-savvy: Constipation can affect some people when following a low FODMAP diet. If you’re finding this is true for you, stay well hydrated and check out this week’s lesson on fibre.
- Use Your Journal: It’s a helpful place keep track of things like sleep, stress, and anything you notice about your symptoms.
- All questions are good questions! If you have any questions or feedback for us, don't hesitate to reach out – we're here to support you.